The National Safety Council released a new video series called “Understanding Distracted Driving,” available for free on YouTube or for download here. The 12-segment series answers the most frequently asked questions surrounding cell phone use while driving, including:
- Why cell phones are different than other distractions
- The myth behind multitasking
- How conversations with passengers differ from cell phone conversations
- Details on employee policies and elements of effective policies
- How to set an example as a parent
The video series is just one of many free resources NSC offers. Check out other offerings:
Cell Phone Policy Kit – This kit has everything you need to implement a comprehensive cell phone policy that employees embrace.
“Understanding the distracted brain” white paper – A look at the research behind distracted driving, which shows why our brains are incapable of multitasking and why hands-free devices offer no safety benefit.
Posters – These PDFs can be downloaded and shared or printed out.
Advocacy videos – Share these stories of families who have lost loved ones because of drivers distracted by cell phone conversations and texting.
Distracteddriving.nsc.org – Find even more research, information about state laws and more at the NSC site.
What can you do with these free resources?
- Download the videos and post them to your company intranet
- Promote the video series through your company website
- “Share” the videos via Facebook so your friends and family can learn more
- Encourage others to share the materials too
We encourage you to share these resources widely! Help put an end to this deadly behavior.